Have you (or your students) ever wondered “when am I ever going to use this math topic”? If so, you came to the right place!
There are so many things we use all the time that makes our lives better, including:
- electronics (computers, tablets, and more)
- mail and package deliveries
- weather forecasting
- wireless communications (phones and WiFi)
None of these things would be possible without mathematics. From complex numbers and statistics to averages and trigonometric functions, math concepts help to power numerous technologies and ideas.
The list below has lots of real-life uses and applications of various topics in mathematics (just click the blue link to read the article on that topic).
I will update this list as I write more articles and find more applications for these topics – check it out:
- 12 Areas Where Area Is Useful
- 10 Fulfilling Ways To Use Volume
- 10 Ways You Can Get Around To Using Perimeter
- 12 Roundabout Ways To Use Circles
- 7 Extraordinary Uses Of Average (Arithmetic Mean)
- 10 Things To Expect From Expected Value
- 5 Ways To Use Absolute Value (With Relative Ease)
- 10 Applications Of Statistics In Business
- 10 Probable Uses Of Probability
- 7 Examples Of When To Use Square Roots
- 8 Uses Of Standard Deviation In Everyday Life
- 7 Real Ways To Use Imaginary Numbers
- 12 Applications Of Trigonometric Functions
- 3 Times To Use Line Of Best Fit
- 10 Ways To Get Up To Speed With Velocity